If you work in any technology, marketing or email- related fields, chances are that you’ve utilized a Software as a Service (SaaS) platform at some point. As more and more SaaS offerings become available to replace traditional software licenses we thought it would be a good idea to look at some of the benefits to using a SaaS solution.
1. Availability – The beauty of SaaS is that it is deployed and managed by the company you are working with, rather than installed on a local server, desktop, or other device that you have to maintain. This means that a user can access the software from any device, at any time, anywhere in the world. As long as you have an internet connection you are ready to go.
2. Lower IT Expenses – Since it is hosted in the cloud there is no need to pay for servers, datacenters, backup systems, or the IT staff to install and maintain the licenses. You save time and resources so your team can focus on your product rather than maintaining systems.
3. Scalability – SaaS is usually deployed on a per user license or usage term on an annual contract. As your business needs change you simply add or remove users or data from your agreement. You won’t waste money on installed and unused software.
4. Flexibility – SaaS utilizes an API which allows you to integrate with other critical business systems. For example UnsubCentral integrates with your tracking platform and email service provider to provide a seamless affiliate email marketing solution.
5. Updates – Another benefit to SaaS is that you are always on the latest version, updates are always pushed from the provider and there is no need to go through a messy upgrade process.
Now we’d love to hear from you, what are your favorite benefits of using SaaS systems?